Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery in Dallas
Bariatric surgery has allowed many obese men and women to transform their lives and their bodies through significant weight loss. Bariatric patients work hard to re-shape their bodies through diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes. Unfortunately, as the body shrinks down to its new, healthier size, the skin does not necessarily shrink along with it. Most post-bariatric patients are left with excess skin which detracts from their hard-earned new physique.
Due to the increased popularity of bariatric surgery and other options to achieve significant weight loss, Dr. Bogdan has seen a rise in the demand for plastic surgery in Dallas to remove areas of excess skin. Patients who have achieved such inspiring results in their quest to look and feel better often find that loose, sagging skin prevents them from truly enjoying their new and improved body. Surgical removal of this excess skin can make you look better, and feel better as well.
If you would like to learn more about post-bariatric procedures, click here to request a consultation with Dr. Michael Bogdan, a Dallas plastic surgeon specializing in post-bariatric plastic surgery.
Before & After Body Contouring After Weight Loss
This 36-year-old woman lost more than 110 pounds and got a combination of procedures to address leftover sagging skin. See more before-and-after photos of Dr. Bogdan's real patients who got body contouring after weight loss in our photo gallery.
Body Contouring Cosmetic Surgery for Weight Loss Patients
Many patients who have achieved significant weight loss will require more than one body-contouring procedure, or a combination of body contouring and breast procedures, like breast augmentation in Dallas, to attain their desired results. Below are summaries of the procedures that Dr. Bogdan performs to help you achieve your ultimate self-improvement goals.
- Arm Lift, or brachioplasty, is a procedure designed to deal with redundant skin and fat hanging off the upper arm. Through an incision which runs along the back of the arm from the elbow to the armpit, brachioplasty can take away that extra skin, leaving arms with a more desirable contour.
- Buttock Lift raises the contour of the buttocks and removes excess, sagging skin through well-concealed incisions. This procedure is usually a component of the lower body lift, and is often performed in conjunction with a thigh lift.
- Lower Body Lift can eliminate the folds of loose, sagging skin around the torso. Effectively a combination of an abdominoplasty, outer thigh lift, and buttock lift, the body lift is sometimes called a "circumferential abdominoplasty."
- Liposuction can help shape and contour remaining deposits of fat in areas such as the arms, neck, chin, waist, hips and thighs.
- Breast Surgery, such as breast lift or breast reduction, can eliminate sagging skin and restore a firmer, more pleasing shape to the breasts.
- Tummy Tuck in Dallas, also known as abdominoplasty, removes excess skin from the midsection while sculpting and flattening the abdomen.
- Facial Surgery procedures such as face lift and neck lift can get rid of sagging, wrinkled skin and give the face a more youthful appearance.
A board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in aesthetic surgery, Dr. Bogdan provides advanced surgical skill for his patients' needs.
At your initial consultation, Dr. Bogdan will take the time to go over all of your options for post weight loss plastic surgery. He will work with you to determine which procedure or combination of procedures will best achieve the results you desire. Typically, post-bariatric patients must undergo a series of procedures, over the course of several weeks or months. Occasionally, surgeries can be combined, but since many of the procedures require extensive incisions, this is something that Dr. Bogdan must evaluate on a case-by-case basis.
If you are ready to learn more about your post-bariatric surgical options, click here to request a consultation with Dr. Bogdan, a board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in body-contouring cosmetic surgery in Dallas. Or, you can call his office to schedule your appointment.
Southlake: (817) 442-1236